Call for Conference Presentation Proposals
Submission deadline: November 1, 2019
(Download this page)
The National Association of State Administrators and Supervisors of Private Schools (NASASPS) invites you to submit a proposal to present at its 2020 Annual Conference, which will be held April 26-29, 2020 in New Orleans, Louisiana.
The conference will include both submitted and invited presentations. Conference participants include professionals from state and federal regulatory agencies, degree and non-degree granting private postsecondary institutions, national and regional accrediting agencies, state guarantee agencies, lenders, and other interested parties.
Presentations are generally 60 minutes in length. They may be led by a single presenter or a moderated panel. Previously presented topics can be found on the NASASPS website at www.nasasps.org. While all presentation topics are encouraged and accepted, NASASPS has received requests for more information on the following:
• School visits: what regulators should look for when conducting visits for schools with physical presence or exclusively online presence
• Establishing relationships with other regulatory entities
• Best practices for record keeping
• Human trafficking
• Best practices in handling school closures
• Alternative funding agreements – income sharing agreements, tuition forgiveness, etc.
• Student complaints
• Corporate Law 101 – understanding of ownership for state regulators
• Financial monitoring
• Outcome measures
• Diversity, equality and inclusion – school and state perspectives
• Distance education – best practices for institutions
• Third party providers
• Accreditor perspectives
• Program review process
• Federal updates
Presenters are strongly encouraged to provide resources and/or reference materials attendees can take home with them or attain through electronic means. Please note that presenters and panelists are eligible to receive a $50 discount on their conference registration fee.
Proposals may be submitted online at https://s.zoomerang.com/r/2020_NASASPS_Call_For_Session_Proposals or via email to Jodie Markey at email@example.com. The NASASPS Board encourages you to share this Call for Proposals with others who may be interested in submitting a proposal.