Choosing a school that’s right for you.
The links below will provide information and resources to help you make a decision before enrolling in a school. If you’re looking for specific information about the registration or licensure status of a school, check our State Contact List to find out who to contact in your state, province, or territory.
The National Center for Education Statistics at its College Navigator site contains information about career schools, colleges, and universities throughout the United States.
Financial Aid Assistance Links
- Links to State Guarantee Agencies: Private, non-profit corporations designated to administer the Federal Family Education Loan Program (FFELP).
- Federal Student Aid: Published by the US Department of Education.
- Office of the US Department of Education Ombudsman: The Federal Student Aid Ombudsman of the
US Department of Education helps resolve disputes and solve other problems with federal student loans.
- FSA Feedback and Complaints
Links to General Information about Accrediting Agencies
- Overview of Accreditation and lists of Accrediting Agencies
Find lists of regional and national accrediting agencies recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education as reliable authorities concerning the quality of education or training offered by the institutions of higher education or higher education programs they accredit.
- Accrediting Agencies Recognized for Title IV Purposes
The dates specified for each entry are the date of initial listing as a recognized agency, the date of the Secretary’s most recent grant of renewed recognition, and the date of the agency’s next scheduled review for renewal of recognition by the National Advisory Committee on Institutional Quality and Integrity.
Links to National Accrediting Agency Web Sites
- Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC)
- Accrediting Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE)
- Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES)
- Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET)
- Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) – ACICS is not currently recognized by the Department of Education but continues to be recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC)
Federal Government Links
US Department of Education: Office of Postsecondary Education – The Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE) formulates federal postsecondary education policy and administers programs that address critical national needs in support of our mission to increase access to quality postsecondary education.
The Student Guide to Federal Financial Aid – This is a comprehensive resource on student financial aid from the U.S. Department of Education. It describes the three major forms of aid available through the Federal Student Aid office, and tells you how to apply for them.
FAFSA (Federal Student Aid Application) – Federal Student Aid’s core mission is to ensure that all eligible individuals benefit from federal financial assistance—grants, loans and work-study programs—for education beyond high school.